BENEFITS OF ORGANIC JUICES
Drinking Parker’s Organic Juices is an easy way to guarantee that you can be sure to reach your daily goal of 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables recommended by health authorities. Drinking Organic juices is the key to give you an energetic, radiant and optimal health. When you eat too many cooked foods it can destroy micronutrients by altering their shape and chemical composition.
Drinking your fruit and vegetables helps you absorb more of their nutrients. This is important because many people have poor digestive function as a result of making poor food choices over many years. This limits your body’s ability to absorb what you eat, however drinking Organic cold-pressed juices helps to “pre-digest” them for you, so you will receive maximum benefit rather than wasting it away.
Organic is good for you and it’s good for our environment too.
Organic farmers use natural methods to cultivate their land rather than using chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. Organic farmers encourage beneficial animals and insects and promote plant diversity across more land and use good old-fashioned human labour to get the most out of their natural crops.
There are many reasons to choose organic produce over conventional food, here’s just a few:
Organic farming yields produce that is not contaminated with chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides.
Organic farming methods prohibit the use of chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides that damage the environment. Lots of these chemicals are not actually necessary, they are simply precautions against pests or weeds. And since most of the pesticides don’t target just one specific pest, they eventually kill all sorts of organisms, good or bad. Non-organic farmers tend to rely on chemicals because the beneficial insects which usually fight the pests have been killed off as well.
Organic farming yields plants which offer a larger quantity of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
By growing fewer plants per acre, organic farming allows each plant to extract more minerals from the ground needed for growth. Above the surface this allows more sunlight to reach the fruit, which plays a key role in the development of vitamins and phytonutrients – especially polyphenols and vitamin C. The end result is that organic foods are healthier for the end consumer!
Organic farming has minimal impact on the local fauna and flora.
Organic farming methods were established in order to reduce the impact on the natural habitat as much as possible. That’s why organic farmers only use natural fertilizers and beneficial organisms to increase their yield. Organic farmers analyse the past usage of surrounding areas to establish if it is suitable for organic farming. For example, a former conventional growing area can’t be used for organic farming – test samples from the ground have to be taken and must comply with organic standards. Also, areas close to highways cannot always be used for organic farming due to the pollutants in the air.
Organic farming doesn’t pollute water streams.
Most of the chemicals used in conventional farming such as fertilizers and pesticides, sooner or later end up in the water system. This effects any areas that the water runs through, as well as the body of water where it eventually stops, such as a lake or ocean.
A recent Canadian study predicted a collapse of all economically used fish populations by 2048 if changes are not undertaken, with the main reasons for extinction of species being over-fishing, water pollution and global warming.
Organic farming creates employment.
Since organic growing areas are larger and chemicals are not used, there is more hand work required to keep threatening factors under control. This translates to more employment!
Organic farming is just more natural.
Organic farming is actually nothing special. It has been used for centuries. Conventional farming has grown in recent decades, but now its long term effect is being realized. Organic farming is the only way to grow food in a sustainable way.
Its a great way to give our bodies and mind a break, increase our energy, balance our hormones and strengthen our immune system. We all need a little detoxification once in a while. One of the best ways to cleanse and alkalise is through an Organic juice cleanse.
If you are new to cleansing, try a 1, 2 or 3 day cleanse fortnightly for two months. The more you cleanse, the more your body will beg to be nourished and restored. You will help unleash the natural healing power of your body by ridding built up toxins and flood your system with powerful nutrients and antioxidants.
Almost everyone needs to cleanse and rest the body from time to time to rebalance. Our individual diet and lifestyle determine how and when.
Soft, smooth skin will present following the dense concentration of endocrine-healing nutrients consumed such as monounsaturated fats, vitamin A, C and E. These phytonutrients are key to forming healthy epithelial cells. Further, antioxidants remove impurities from the blood which can contribute to skin rashes, acne and signs of premature ageing.
Alkalisation of blood pH enhances energy and vitality – leafy greens and superfoods like spirulina in particular lessen the acidity in the bloodstream, reducing fatigue, improving mental performance and strengthening the immune system. The enzymes responsible for all chemical reactions function at their peak work within a well defined, specific pH range, and factors such as stress, insufficient sleep, and poor nutrient absorption can create an imbalanced pH level, leaving you feeling ill and exhausted.
Digestion is enhanced with the repair of the intestinal walls, often damaged via irritants such as gluten and dairy. Symptoms include boating, gas, allergies and ongoing lethargy. Our juice cleanse provides healing phytonutrients such as fibre and friendly gut bacteria, which restore the delicate balance of flora in the microbiome. This is critical to extracting the vitamins and minerals from our dietary intake to function at our best.
We feel lighter as our colon effectively excretes wastes, which can otherwise leave us feeling heavy and impair our immune system. The unique combination of juices included in the cleanse has been designed to provide you with all of the nutrients you need to optimise physiological functioning. Signs the colon is dysfunctional include weight gain, fluid retention, bloating, acne and acute illness.
Mental clarity is supported by key functional micronutrients such as B group vitamins, omega 3 essential fatty acids and magnesium. These properties are critical in the development oh healthy neurons (brain cells), and speedy transmission of nerve impulses. The juices also provide significant levels of hydration, another vital component to enhancing cognitive performance: indicative signs of dehydration include fogginess, confusion, fatigue.
Releasing toxins restores immunity to it’s peak: when noxious substances circulate in the blood stream, the immune system is constantly activated, which leads chronic and acute illness, poor digestion, sleeplessness, moodiness, sugar cravings and feelings of exhaustion. Removing harmful substances from the substance allows the immune system – and body – to return to a relaxed, resting state (70). Reducing the stress on the body through avoiding toxins such as gluten, dairy, caffeine and alcohol also strengthens immunity.
Tips – 3 days BEFORE
- Decide if you will do a total juice cleanse for 1, 2 or 3 days
- Eating slows down the juice cleansing process
- Increase your Organic fruits and vegetables
- Drink 6-8 glasses of filtered water per day
- Get plenty of exercise
- Eliminate unhealthy foods or habits- alcohol, caffeine, sugar, processed foods, dairy, red meat and gluten
- Cut down or abstain from cigarettes, alcohol, red meat, coffee, caffeine, refined foods, sugar and congesting foods
- Increase fluids
- Drink your 6 juices per day in 2-3 hour increments
- Drink plenty of filtered water daily in-between juices to flush out toxins
- If you need to eat during your juice cleanse choose Organic vegetable soups or broths
- Do not chew gum while cleansing
- Enjoy a hot bath
- To boost the cleansing effects, just add a cup of Epsom salts or baking soda. Both alkalize the water to help neutralize acidic toxins, help your body to absorb magnesium which neutralizes acidic toxins, relaxes muscles
- Take hot and cold alternating showers
- Sleep with an open window
- Skin brush using a dry, soft brush before showering as it stimulates the skin, cleanse away old cells and eliminate toxins
- Get a Massage to stimulate elimination and body functions
- Get plenty of fresh air- vital for oxygenation
- Sunshine- for Vitamin D – Triggers our body to produce 200 anti-microbials that kill off bad bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses
- Saunas and Steam baths- opens the pores for further elimination
- Get plenty of regular exercise which stimulates sweating and encourages elimination through the skin and improves general metabolism
- Resting, relaxation and recharging – Helps our bodies re-balance – If you’re feeling tired that day, take it easy and try to schedule some nap time
- If you are hypoglycemic you may need to add some protein if you are fasting
- Cleanse with others: Helpful to have others with whom to share
- Mediation and relaxation to reduce stress
- Avoid places with loud noise and a lot of activity
- Day 1
- Chew your food slowly so that they will be mixed with the digestive enzymes in your mouth
- Drink 6-8 glasses water daily
- Eat lightly steamed green vegetables tossed with lemon juice and sea salt
- Miso vegetable soup or a vegetable soup with garlic and some grated ginger root
- Day 2
- Add in sustainable fish, Organic gluten free whole grains, eggs, yoghurt and seeds
- Continue eating light foods such as these for two days if you have done a 3 day total juice cleanse with no food
- Day 3
- Add in more Organic vegetables, sustainable fish, sour dough Organic bread and if you wish Organic Chicken and Meat
- Find alternatives to the foods you have weaned yourself off. Make them a special treat rather than a daily addictive habit
- Appreciate the natural sweetness of Organic fruit juices instead of sugar
- You may want to juice cleanse a day or two each week to make sure you keep your body healthy
- It is generally recommended to juice cleanse three days out of every month
- Three-day juice cleanses help the body rid itself of toxins and cleanses the blood
If you suffer from constipation you can replace the Kombucha ginger with Nourish 2.